Aerial Yoga Classes on Maui!
Aerial yoga classes on the hammock are perhaps one of the most amazing yoga classes available! Lahaina yoga classes can be found in just about any style and venue, but nothing will compare to the anti-gravity affects of Aerial Yoga. See sample video HERE. Take your practice to new heights!
Aerial Yoga uses the silk swing to support the weight of the body so we can attain optimal alignment in yoga asana. Aerial yoga allows us to decompress the spine while strengthening the core muscles. The apparatus give us access to deeper backbends and the ability to sustain challenging inversions. With practice the swing becomes your partner in practice, shifting your awareness to every edge of your body. Experience length, strength, and depth like never before. Elevate your yoga. Read more about Aerial Yoga HERE.
Aerial Yoga classes have a capacity of 6 people per class, each with their own hammock. Pre-registration is highly recommended! You are advised to wear leggings or capri pants that cover the backs of the legs and a t-shirt that won’t ride up. No tank tops, jewelry, hair clips, or bare skin are allowed. Learn more about what to expect in your first class HERE.
To book your Aerial Yoga class, please visit our scheduling page HERE.
Classes usually book 24-48 hours in advance so save your hammock and register early. Absolutely no experience is necessary.
Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Total body workout: Due to the nature of aerial yoga movements, almost all the body parts are forced to move and stretch. Muscles are toned and redefined, and joints are regenerated and strengthened due to these movements.
- Psychologically beneficial: Just like almost any other workout, aerial yoga helps rebuild your emotional system because it clears the mind and relieves stress due to its meditative state. It also helps you combat stress throughout the day and increases your creativity, which leads you to develop your own artistic skills.
- Improves flexibility: Aerial yoga helps you to move more freely, with less effort, by counteracting gravity. Suspension in the air releases tension on the bones and muscles, increasing flexibility and deepening your practice. Suspended yoga strengthens core muscles and increases spinal and shoulder flexibility.
- Heals back problems: It gives you the chance to hang freely, allowing your spine to lengthen. With less strain on your back while doing the exercises, it eases tension in the spinal cord and hip joint, helping you feel better.
- Increases strength: Aerial yoga improves strength and flexibility, which carries over into other daily activities. The core workout is a beneficial cross-training, as it helps runners increase stamina and be able recover faster.
- Puts you in a great mood: Another key benefit of doing aerial yoga is that it gets your adrenaline going while going against gravity. It also releases “happy” hormones like serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine, which boost your mood and help you feel more energetic.
- Improves balance: While going against gravity can be exciting, aerial yoga also helps with balance and stability in daily activities. Balance is a key component in daily activities, and aerial yoga helps maintain a good balance both inside and out.
- Aids digestion: The different types of stretches and movements help improve the digestive system, thus helping in healing various digestion-related issues, including constipation and indigestion.
- Old age and heart disease: Aerial yoga improves the circulation of blood, thus combating aging and its symptoms. Aerial yoga also helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which lowers the onset of various cardiovascular issues.
- Improves memory: Aerial yoga fortifies your neural connections, thereby, rendering better memory power. In a way, practicing aerial yoga can make you smarter!